Friday, March 20, 2009

TAKING A CLOSER LOOK AT OUR TREASURE

In my time with God this morning I was reading in Luke and chapter 12:34 was impressed upon me. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
I asked myself the question that I've considered many times before. "Where is my Treasure?" Of course the Christian answer, the fine sounding answer is "My treasure is Jesus." But Jesus tells us that if we want to know where our treasure is, then we must find where our heart is at. And if we want to find where our heart is at, then we must find where our treasure is at. For they are both in the same place. If we find one then we find the other. In this very text Jesus is saying to us that we live for our treasure. If our treasure is of this world, then we think, act, and spend accordingly. If our treasure is truly in heaven, then we think, act, and spend accordingly.
Today I am looking at what takes my thoughts captive, what takes my money, my time, my energies, my affections. I want to find out what is tapping into my energy and affections, and identify what is stealing that which only belongs to Jesus. I want to again get a much better glimpse of the true Treasure, Jesus Christ my crucified and resurrected Lord, and all that He is, all that He has promised, and I want to find myself and all of my possessions captive to this One Great Treasure, Him Who loved me and gave Himself up for me. Yes indeed, our heart and our treasure are always in the same place. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

No comments: