Friday, January 21, 2011

The Brevity of Life...

"When I grow up, I'm going to school like my big brother," said the little guy as he was trying to figure out how to the zipper worked on his big boy jacket.

"When I graduate high school, I'm going to attend college and get a degree," said the high school senior.

"when I graduate college, then I'm going to start a new career, and make lots of money," said the college student.

"When I make enough money, when I have a house, and money in the bank, I'm going to start a family," said the young entry level businessman.

"When my kids are grown, I'm taking nice vacations with my wife, and I'm going to see the world," said the successful businessman.

"When I retire, I'm going to take it easy, relax, and not worry about anything. I paid my dues," said the soon to retire employee.

"Well, now that I'm retired, when I can I'm gonna...".

What, what are you going to do next? What's next?

Do we really want to put off what matters most in our lives?
Life goes by so quickly. On our deathbed degrees won't make a difference, success in the marketplace won't matter, nice vacations will be forgotten, a restful retirement will mean absolutely nothing at all.

Right now is the time to be asking yourself this question: WHY WAS I CREATED IN THE FIRST PLACE? WHAT AM I HERE FOR ANYWAY? WHY DO I EXIST?

There is only one answer to this question that is correct. You see, the One who creates, it is He alone who determines the original intent and purpose of His design. It is to our Creator that we must and will answer the question
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE GIFT OF LIFE THAT I HAVE GIVEN YOU?

We were created to glorify God, and enjoy Him forever.
Any created thing that defames the name of it's Creator will be deemed worthless in the end.
But that created thing, creature, that honors the name, magnifies the name, glorifies the name of his Creator, showing forth by his life that his Creator is indeed good, loving, kind, just, holy, righteous, merciful, and the true definition of everything good that can be called good, this creature shall indeed be richly blessed with the full knowledge and presence of their Creator Himself.

As human beings, we alone were created in the image and likeness of God, and therefore have the highest privilege and responsibility, and the unique ability as reasoning beings, and affectionate beings, to show forth the grace, truth, and love of our marvelous God and Savior.

So then, what is the chief endeavor of our life to be? To know God!
And the Scripture tells us that Jesus Christ is the "full radiance of God's glory, and the exact representation of His Being".

Therefore, today is the first day of the rest of your life, and you can stop wasting it, for a life lived without God,a knowledge of God, and a love for God is indeed a wasted life. A purposeful life is achieved by learning about God, and honoring Him whom we learn about. Most specifically, we learn about God by studying and seeking Jesus Christ, the exact representation of God and the full radiance of His glory. Let's begin, shall we? You will not be disappointed.

No comments: